Sunday 8 February 2009

Wondong fires update


Hi everybody,
Here are some pictures from the actual fire scenes along the roadside between Wallen and Wondong.
Today our church, Central Christian Church, Seymour, made sandwiches, supplied fruit and lots of other things for the fire fighters. Also our Ps Peter has hunted up donations of clothing, bedding, toiletries and shoes for the people who have lost everything. Several members of our church assisted in getting this to a drop off point in Wallen. Please if you are able, send donations to your local center. I will post addresses where donated things can be dropped off as soon as I find them for you.
Thanks to all of our family and friends who have enquired as to whether we are okay here or not. Thanks especially to my scrap booking buddies (Shell & Tracey xx) for your emails and phone calls. Here are some fire affected sky shots that may interest you. Please anybody wanting information use the phone numbers that I have listed on here for you. Many thanks
Kathie
xoxo

1800240667
This is a number for information on anything to do with the fires.
Red cross relief number is:
1800727077
this can be used for tracking family members, friends etc.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see a couple of my fire sky snaps here, sadly, strangely, they look good. A friend of mine has been strongly affected, another good friend is waiting to hear if her house is safe. Tears have filled my eyes so many times today. It is time to go through the wardrobes and cupboards to donate to those that have lost everything. Salvo's and Vinnies are going to be stretched to the max so we need to give all we can. We do not need all the stuff we have when there are people that now have NOTHING. For those that can reqad this post, how lucky are you? My thoughts go out to all those personally affected by this tragedy, and their friends and family. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Rosemary.

lexie said...

It is all just so sad I don't have the words to say how I feel
Here in Bendigo everything is under control we are all safe

chrisw said...

It is a terrible thing..My thoughts and prayers are with you ..Please be safe my friends!

Anonymous said...

Might be the only time I am glad my garage hasn't been cleaned out before. We will have lots of stuff we can donate. We are on the lookout for clothes too. Tess's sister lost everything, as did her aunt. So ladies, dig deep, as deep as we can. Rosemary.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

I had a cry this morning when I saw the pictures on the news and heard about all the devastation - and all because some idiot enjoys lighting fires! This is so unfair - actually 'unfair' is an understatement. SO glad you and your family are safe Kathie. My heart goes out to all of the people affected by this terrible terrible tragedy.